Black Beans with Lime
Serve this dish as a quick meal with rice. Perfect protein!
Author: From www.marthastewart.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green part, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add leek, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, chili powder, and ¼ cup water. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with green part of scallions.