Pasta with Leeks, Peas, Parmesan, and a Fried Egg
Published on December 27, 2015 | By Leslie |
- 1 handful spaghetti
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup peas
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 1. Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and reserve
- 2. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and saute´ until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Add the peas and pasta, and toss to combine. Continue to toss until the mixture is heated through
- 4. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- 5. Using a spatula or tongs, push all the pasta to one end of the pan
- 6. Crack an egg into the empty side of the pan. Season it with salt and pepper, and reduce heat to low. Cook the egg until your desired doneness.
- 7. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and finish with parmesan cheese
- 8. Top with the egg and serve.