Spaghetti with Pepperoncini, Arugula & Chili Flakes
Published on July 6, 2016 | By Leslie |
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Pepperoncini rough chopped
- 3 tbsp Pepperoncini liquid
- 1 cup Arugula
- 5-6 garlic scapes, minced
- 4-5 scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 oz unsalted, butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1. Bring an 8 qt pot with salted water to boil. Place pasta in the water and cook for 8-9 minutes until al dente.
- 2. Start the sauce as soon as you drop the pasta in the boiling water.
- 3. Place a large sauté pan on high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté garlic scapes, 2-3 minutes
- 4. Add sliced scallions and 1tsp pepper flakes and toast 1-2 minutes
- 5. Add the 1/2 cup pepperoncini, 3 tbsp pepperoncini liquid and 1 tbsp sugar; cook until liquid is reduced by half; 3-4 minutes.
- 6. Drain pasta (but keep 4-6 oz pasta water) and add to pan with a pair of tongs, ladle in 4-6 oz pasta water, toss and reduce until there is very little liquid; 3 minutes.
- 7. Add 2 oz butter (olive oil if prefered) and arugula and toss until the fat is fully incorporated
- 8. Squeeze in the 1/2 lemon juice and Season with salt & pepper and top with tons of freshly grated Parmiggiano!