Easy Eggy Chinese Cabbage
This dish makes a great breakfast or simple, light dinner. You can turn it into fried rice by tossing it with cooked brown or white rice and quickly stir-frying.
- 1/2 head Chinese cabbage , cut into chunks or strips
- 6 eggs , beaten with 1 Tbsp of milk
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 large or 2 small onions , diced
- 1/2 dried chili pepper , minced or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir-fry for about 5 minutes then add garlic and fry 1 minute more.
Add cabbage, stir-frying until it is tender but still has a bit of crunch.
Sprinkle with sesame oil, chili and salt and pepper.
Add egg and stir to incorporate with cabbage. Cook until egg is done.
Serve alone or over rice (or in fried rice).