Arugula Salad with Garlic Croutons, Shaved Parmesan, Lemon and Radish
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 8- ounce piece ciabatta with crust (preferably day-old)
- 1 large garlic clove , peeled
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces arugula (about 10 cups packed)
- 2 radishes , thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese , shaved into strips with vegetable peeler
Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
Rub crust of bread with garlic clove.
Tear bread into 1-inch pieces and place in large bowl; toss with 1/4
cup olive oil.
Sprinkle bread lightly with salt; arrange in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp around edges, about 10 minutes. Cool.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Place arugula and radishes in large bowl.
Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, adding more lemon juice, if desired.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add 2/3 of croutons and half of Parmesan cheese and toss.
Transfer to serving bowl; scatter remaining croutons and Parmesan cheese over and serve.