Kale and Ricotta Salata Salad
- 3/4 to 1 pound kale stems and center ribs discarded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated ricotta salata or parmesan
- Working in batches , cut kale crosswise into very thin slices.
Whisk together shallot, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
Toss kale and ricotta salata in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat well, then season with salt and pepper.