Orecchiette with Pesto and Green Beans
- 1 lb of Orecchiette or other pasta shape
- ¼lb green beans (trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon ricotta
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled and lightly crushed)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of grated pecorino cheese (a hard sheep's milk cheese)
- ½ cup of grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of butter (softened)
Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
Blend the basil, pine nuts, oil, garlic and salt in a blender until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and fold in the 2 cheeses and butter.
Add the orecchiette to the boiling water.
minutes before the pasta is ready, add the green beans to the water.
Remove a cup of water from the pasta before draining.
Drain the pasta and beans and return to the pan.
Add the pesto and the ricotta and mix well.
You may need to add some of the reserved water if it feels to dry and bring to the table to rehydrate for seconds.