Kale Salad with Lemon and Seeds
- 1 bunch kale , stems remove and very thinly sliced
- 1 carrot , cut into small slices
- 1 watermelon radish , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or almonds
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Place kale in a large bowl. Add about 1/2 tsp salt, the olive oil and lemon juice. Using your hands, massage kale for about 5 minutes or until it becomes tender.
Add carrot, radish, seeds, vinegars and more salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Notes** Top with thinly sliced Parmiggiano cheese or crispy fried bacon for some added yum!