Piri Piri Cabbage and Potatoes (Patta-Gobi Aloo)
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2-2.5 cups cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large potato boiled , chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil or mustard
- or sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 dried hot chili , ground
- 2/3 teaspoon salt or to taste
In a large pan, add oil and heat at medium.
Add mustard seeds (or cumin seeds) when hot and mix for a few seconds.
Add garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the cabbage, potatoes, turmeric, hot pepper, salt and mix well.
Cook covered for 12-15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is cooked to your preference.
Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro or sesame seeds or coconut flakes, as a side with lentil daal and or Naan or rice.
Recipe NotesChange up the spices, use cumin seeds or fennel seeds or a little garam masala.