Persian Herb and Cucumber Yogurt
- 1/4 cup black or golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup any combination finely chopped fresh mint leaves, dill, parsley, and cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or pounded with a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- A generous pinch of salt
- Optional: Dried rose petals for garnish
In a small bowl, submerge the raisins in boiling water. Let them sit for 15 minutes to rehydrate and plump up. Drain and place in a medium bowl
Add the yogurt, cucumber, herbs, garlic, walnuts, olive oil, and salt. Stir to combine, taste, and adjust salt as needed.
Chill until serving. If desired, garnish with crumbled rose petals before serving.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days