CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is one of the best ways to get high quality, locally-grown and organic food into your life!
CSA is a model of agriculture whereby farmers grow food directly for their local community while their community commits to the financial support of the farm. Members commit to the farm by paying an up-front membership fee in the spring, and in turn receive a weekly share of the farm’s fresh produce throughout the season. CSA is a mutually beneficial relationship in which a farm supports the community’s need for fresh, nutritious food, and the commitment of the community supports the farmers and allows them to devote their energy toward farming sustainably. Community support provides the safety net that allows the farm to be sustainable in the long term.
Since growing food for CSA for almost 20 years, Leslie and Jeff have witnessed the amazing community-building capacity of community-based agriculture and have felt the deep satisfaction of growing the highest quality food for local families.
Share Info and Pricing for 202
Benefits for Member Families:
- exceptionally fresh, certified organic, and exeptionally delicious vegetables
- a direct relationship with your local vegetable farm and the farmers who grow your food
- a chance to learn about new vegetables, share recipes, and expand your culinary horizons
- reliable, regular access to quality organic vegetables at a reasonable price
- the chance to learn more about organic agriculture
- the opportunity to visit the farm, get to know your farmers and be connected with your food’s origins
- a chance to share in the abundance as well as the risks inherent in each farming season
Benefits for Farmers:
- a guaranteed market for farm products throughout the season
- timely financial support to help cover production expenses
- a close relationship with loyal customers and new friends
- a means to build strong communities with ties to local agricultural production
- the ability to share some of the risks inherent in each farming season
- a great sense of satisfaction through direct contact with the families we help feed (From Ferme Tournesol Website)