Here are the answers to some questions you might have about the CSA…
How does the pick-up work?
- We have 3 pickup locations – Hanover, Paisley and Guelph. At each location, there is a 2 hour time period each week in which members come to pick up their vegetables. You can come anytime within those hours to pick up.
- At the pickup vegetables are set out in bins for you to select. Each bin has a tag on it to tell you how much of that item is included in your share. You can take the set amount of each item or swap an item for another according to your preference. Some items are “not tradeable” and items cannot be traded for more of these but we try to make as many items as possible each week tradeable so that you can customize your share to suit your needs. We also bring “free choice” fresh herbs, greens and bumper crops – you select how much of these items you want (for a weekly use amount, not a preserving amount!)
- Members bring their own bags and containers to pick up the produce. In an attempt to reduce plastic waste, bags will not be provided, please remember yours!
What if I miss a pick-up?
- If you know ahead of time that you will miss a pickup, you can plan to attend another day’s pickup by contacting Leslie at the farm by Monday of that week to let us know. For example, if you pick up in Hanover but cannot make Tuesday evening, you can pick up the next day in Paisley (by letting us know the Monday before).
- You may also send a friend to pick up your share on your behalf. We do not need to know this ahead of time.
- Missed shares will be donated to a local service agency. In winter, we can often make up a missed share by bringing extra the following week – contact the farm to inquire.
Refunds or Cancellations
- Refunds are available as follows for each share season:
- Spring: no refunds may be issued once pickups have begun.
- Summer: refunds can be issued up to 2 weeks into the summer season (after pickups have begun). After two weeks, contact the farm to inquire about a refund – we can only issue a refund at this point if a replacement member is readily available.
- Winter: Refunds cannot be issued after pickups have begun unless a replacement member is readily available.