- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 medium cooking onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 celeriac, diced
- 1 leek, white + light green parts only, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Heat the grapeseed oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and leeks to the pot and stir. Sauté until the onions are soft and quite translucent, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat if necessary to avoid browning.
To the pot, add the tomato paste, dried oregano, rosemary, and garlic. Stir until oregano and garlic is fragrant and tomato paste is incorporated into the vegetables, about 1 minute. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
Add the crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock, and stir. Bring the soup to a boil and add the cabbage shreds. Simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes, or until the cabbage is mostly tender
Add the white beans and bring the soup to a boil one more time. Add the chopped parsley and stir to incorporate. Check the soup for seasoning and serve hot.