- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb(s) (500 g) beets
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 8 cup (2 L) kale, coarsely chopped, stems and ribs removed
- ½ cup (125 mL) Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup (125 mL) walnuts, coarsely chopped
Stir pomegranate juice with lemon juice and Dijon. Whisk in 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil. Season with ¼ tsp salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Peel beets. Cut small beets in half, and large beets into quarters. Toss with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil, cumin, remaining salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven.
Combine kale with feta and walnuts in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Divide salad between plates. Slice beets into ¾-inch wedges and place over salad.