- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled, cut into 3” lengths, halved, or quartered if large
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 chiles de árbol, crushed, or ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss parsnips and oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast parsnips, tossing occasionally, until tender and deep golden brown in spots, 35–40 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat chiles de árbol, butter, vinegar, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
Drizzle chile-honey butter over parsnips and toss to coat.