Cabbage and Celery Root Slaw
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 pounds celery root , scrubbed, peeled, and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers , rinsed, drained, and dried between layers of paper towels
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 cups shredded red , green or Napa cabbage
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the shredded celery root in a large bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Toss to coat to prevent discoloration.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, and vinegar. Whisk to blend.
Add the capers and parsley. Stir to blend.
Add the cabbage and dressing to the celery root and toss to coat.
Season generously with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate until ready to serve