Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 head cabbage , thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 red bell pepper , stemmed, seeded, ribs removed, and julienne
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Slice the top and bottom of both oranges with a paring knife.
Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith.
Trim off any remaining pith. Holding the orange over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release. Repeat process with remaining orange; set segments aside.
In a large bowl whisk together vinegar and sugar until well combined.
Slowly whisk in vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add cabbage, pepper, orange segments, and cilantro
Toss to coat.
Keep slaw refrigerated until ready to use, up to 2 hours.