- Olive oil
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 fully risen pizza dough
- 2 ounces (2/3 cup) grated gruyere or comte cheese
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese, chopped into mixed-sized rubble or 2/3 cup grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella, either torn into shreds or diced
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced or grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 9 ounces fresh spinach, larger stems removed
Heat your oven to 500°F (or as hot as it goes) with a rack in the center.
Coat either 1 13×18-inch rimmed half-sheet pan or 2 12-inch round pizza pans lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Use your fingers to stretch dough to the edges of the pan(s). If it puts up a lot of resistance, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes, and resume working the dough to the sides.
Top dough(s) with cheeses, a few grinds of black pepper, and garlic. Heap spinach all over; season with salt. Bake pizza until spinach is wilted and slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with olive oil. Cut and serve immediately.