Baby Bok Choy with Cashews Recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 Tbsp . olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions , including some of the greens
- 3 cloves garlic , chopped
- 2 tsp fresh chopped ginger
- 5-8 baby bok choys , rinsed, larger leaves separated from base, base trimmed but still present, holding the smaller leaves together
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms , wiped with a damp towel, stems trimmed and sliced
- 1 tsp . dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped , roasted, salted cashews
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat.
Add onions, garlic and ginger, stir together and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sautee 3-4 minutes more.
Then add bok choy.
Sprinkle with sesame oil and soy sauce and a small pinch of salt.
Cover, and let the baby bok choy cook down for approximately 3 minutes. (Like spinach, when cooked, the bok choy will wilt a bit.)
Remove cover. Lower heat to low.
Stir and let cook for a minute or two longer, until the bok choy is just cooked. Serve over rice