- 1 small head cabbage , finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 hot pepper , cut lengthwise into four quarters
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon small , dried shrimp
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 can (15 oz.) coconut milk
- salt to taste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions have softened. Add the chili pepper, turmeric, cayenne, curry powder, fenugreek seeds, dried shrimp and cinnamon stick and cook, stirring frequently, for five minutes. Add the shredded cabbage and stir to coat.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the cabbage has softened slightly. Salt to taste.