Turkish Zucchini Pancakes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 lb zucchini , trimmed and coarsely grated
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 4 large eggs , beaten to blend
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon or 2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped
Place zucchini in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let stand 30 minutes to drain. Squeeze zucchini between hands to remove excess liquid then squeeze dry in several layers of paper towel.
Combine zucchini, green onions, eggs, flour, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
Fold in feta cheese.
Fold walnuts into zucchini mixture.
Preheat oven to 300Â°F. Place rimmed baking sheets in oven.
Pour enough olive oil into a large skillet to coat bottom. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
Working in batches, drop zucchini mixture into skillet by heaping tablespoons; flatten slightly.
Fry until pancakes are golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer each batch to baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
Serve pancakes hot!