Carrot Ribbon Salad with Sesame Dressing
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced (or chives)
- 1/2 inch Ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoon Groundnut oil
- 2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder , crushed
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoon Fresh orange juice, or lemon juice
- Salt , to taste
- 3 sprig Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Trim the ends of the carrots. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer skin and discard it.
Keep peeling around the carrots, so that you get thin, long strips or ribbons.
In a small bowl or a glass bottle, whisk together the oils, vinegar, honey, black pepper, lime juice, garlic, ginger, salt and red chilli. Make sure that everything is mixed properly.
In a bowl, toss together the carrot ribbons, sliced onion, coriander, mint and the above mixture.
Keep aside for 5 minutes and then garnish it with the sesame seeds.