Easy Stir-Fried Cabbage with Glass Noodles
- 2 small bundles dried glass noodles(mung bean vermicelli)
- 1½ pounds Taiwanese cabbage (680g)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 slices ginger (julienned)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3-4 dried red chilis (roughly chopped, optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
Soak 2 small bundles of dried glass noodles in cold water for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Drain and cut the glass noodles in half lengthwise. Set aside.
Julienne the cabbage thinly. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing together 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce, ½ teaspoon black vinegar, ½ teaspoon ground white pepper, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, ¼ teaspoon sugar, and ½ cup water.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook the ginger and garlic until the garlic has browned lightly. Add the cabbage, and turn the heat to the highest setting. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the cabbage is slightly wilted. Add the dried chilies (if using).
Add the prepared sauce and the glass noodles. Stir and mix everything well, turning down the heat a bit if the dish is becoming too dry and risks getting burned. Salt to taste and add the scallions. Stir to combine once more, and serve!