- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 cayenne pepper , chopped
- 2 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked kidney or black beans
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha or hot sauce of your choice
- 1 large potato , peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
In a large Dutch oven, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain excess grease.
Add onion, carrot, garlic, and cayenne and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Sprinkle meat mixture with homemade chili seasoning. Mix seasoning with the meat and vegetable mixture and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add in diced tomatoes, kidney beans, hot sauce and potatoes, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stir in corn the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Garnish chili with shredded cheese and sour cream