Roasted Beets with Cumin and Mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds , toasted and lighly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium beets
- 1/3 cup fresh mint , coarsely chopped or 2 tsp dried or fresh mint
Stir together lemon juice, cumin seeds, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
Stir in oil and let stand while roasting beets.
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425Â°F.
Tightly wrap beets in a double layer of foil and roast on a baking sheet until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
Cool to warm in foil package, about 20 minutes.
When beets are cool enough to handle, peel them, discarding stems and root ends, then cut into 1/2-inch-wide wedges.
Toss warm beets with dressing.
Stir in mint just before serving.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.