Celeriac and Ginger soup
- 2 lb celeriac , peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of ginger , peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot , peeled and diced
- 1 large onion , cubed
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon of dry leaves
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 cups of vegetable stock or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes dissolved in 6 cups of water
Heat the oil in a large pan over low heat.
Add ginger and cook and stir for a minute.
Add onion and thyme and cook and stir until onions becomes transparent.
Add carrot and celeriac, cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stir often to prevent them from burning or sticking to the pan.
Add vegetable stock, cook over low heat until the vegetables are tender.
Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
Remove the thyme sprigs and blend to desired smoothness (I prefer it not too "creamy").
Reheat in a deep pot, adding more water