Roasted Winter Squash and Parsnips with Maple Syrup Glaze and Almonds
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups 1/4- to 1/3-inch cubes peeled parsnips (about 12 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds (about 3 1/2 ounces)
Butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish.
Combine butternut squash and parsnips in large bowl.
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
Whisk in next 5 ingredients.
Add to squash mixture and toss to coat.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.
Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Cover squash mixture with foil.
Bake covered 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes longer.
Sprinkle with almonds and bake 10 minutes.