Sauteed Parsnips and Carrots with Honey and Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound carrots (about 4 large), peeled, cut into 3x1/4x1/4-inch sticks
- 1 pound large parsnips , peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, cut into 3x1/4x1/4-inch sticks
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add carrots and parsnips.
Sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper.
Sauté until vegetables are beginning to brown at edges, about 12 minutes.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Add butter, rosemary, and honey to vegetables.
Toss over medium heat until heated through and vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes.
Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.