Balsamic Glazed Pumpkin with Walnuts
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 3 cups sliced (approx.) pumpkin/butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 whole red dry chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper , or to taste
- 1.5 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts , broken and lightly toasted
- salt to taste
- chopped fresh herbs (your choice) for garnish
Peel and slice the pumpkin/butternut squash into 1/4 inch thick small slices.
Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin and the whole red chili pepper;
When the cumin sizzles and the red chili pepper turns a shade darker, add the sliced pumpkin/butternut squash and salt.
Cook at high heat while tossing them in the pan until they are half cooked and browned on both sides.
Add the balsamic vinegar, crushed pepper and the toasted walnuts and reduce the heat to medium.
Cook while tossing and scraping off the bottom of the pan until the slices are cooked and thoroughly glazed.
Garnish with your favorite herb