This is a lovely, light and refreshing side dish. Perfect for hot summer weather - it pairs perfectly with a spicy curry or other hot dishes!
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves , finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (stems included), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt , to taste
Seed the cucumbers and cut them into thin slices.
Spread onto a flat surface. Sprinkle with salt.
Allow to rest for about 20 minutes.
Pat dry with paper towels.
Cut the slices into matchsticks, then into small dice.
Whisk the yogurt using a fork until smooth.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until the texture is smooth and creamy.
Chill in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.