Fried Zucchini Spaghetti
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1-2 zucchini , sliced into 1/4" thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
Cook the spaghetti in heavily salted water until just al dente.
While it is cooking, toss the zucchini rounds with the flour in a large bowl.
Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and add the zucchini in batches so that they fit in one single layer.
Cook the zucchini, stirring and flipping occasionally, until the zucchini is browned and crispy.
Remove the zucchini to a large plate and sprinkle with a large pinch of kosher salt.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Parmesan and remaining olive oil.
Then add 1/4 cup of the pasta water to thin it out into a smooth, creamy sauce. Drain the spaghetti and toss it with the sauce, fried zucchini and basil.
Top it with some extra cracked pepper and serve.