Green Bean Salad with Sweet Tomatoes and Grilled Corn
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 3/4 cups green beans , ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups (half pound) tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 4-6 ounces feta cheese , crumbled
- 2 ears of corn , grilled and kernels cut from cob, or about 1/2 cut of frozen kernels, thawed
- 6-8 tablespoons lemon-basil vinaigrette (below)
- Salt and pepper , to taste, plus salt for boiling the green beans
- Fresh chopped green onions for garnish , optional
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil , parsley or mint
- 1 large garlic clove , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , 1/4 tsp black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a tablespoon of salt.
Add green beans and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Test to see if cooked at 4 minutes - you want them crisp-tender.
If it's done enough for you, place the green beans in ice water to stop the cooking process and set the color. If not, cook that additional 1 minute then move to the ice bath. After a few minutes in the ice water, drain the beans and allow them to dry.
When ready to serve, make your vinaigrette.
Add the green beans, tomatoes, feta and corn to a large bowl.
Toss with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle on additional chopped fresh herbs if using.