I don't know how authentic this version of chimichurri is, but that's okay becuase it's so good! Put this zesty, delicious sauce on anything - toss with roasted potatoes or zucchini, add it to steamed green beans, put it in a sandwich or on grilled meat. It adds a lot of life to any dish.
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves , removed from stems
- 1/2 cup cilantro , washed, stems and all
- 1/2 cup basil leaves , washed
- 2 large cloved or 3 small cloves garlic
- 1 hot pepper , any kind, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Or, for a rougher version that has a lovely texture, chop all ingredients except oil, vinegar and lime, very very finely with a large knife. Place in a bowl and mix in vinegar, olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
Add to anything and enjoy!