Morrocan Carrot Soup
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound large carrots , peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt , stirred to loosen
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion; sauté 2 minutes.
Mix in carrots.
Add broth; bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
Stir cumin seeds in small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes; cool.
Finely grind in spice mill.
Remove soup from heat. Puree in batches in blender until smooth.
Return to same pan. Whisk in honey, lemon juice, and allspice.
Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls.
Drizzle yogurt over; sprinkle generously
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.