Orzo Salad with Artichokes, Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Feta & Lemon Basil Dressing
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 cups vegetable broth (you can use water)
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper , to taste
For the Lemon Basil Dressing:
- 3/4 cup basil leaves , packed
- 2 cloves garlic , smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the broth to a boil over high heat. Stir in the orzo. Cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Drain the orzo through a strainer and rinse with cold water.
Drain completely and transfer the orzo to a large bowl.
Add the chickpeas, artichokes, tomatoes, and feta cheese to the orzo. Stir until combined.
Season with salt and pepper.
To make the dressing:
in a blender or food processor, blend the basil, garlic, salt, and lemon juice until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Blend until combined.
Pour dressing over orzo salad and stir until well combined. Serve salad immediately or chilled.