Bow Tie Pasta with Zucchini and Garlic
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 lbs zucchini , cut in half lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2 slices
- 1 tbsp salt plus extra for sprinkling on zucchini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic , pressed or finely minced
- 1/2 lb dry bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place zucchini in a colander; sprinkle lightly with salt and allow to stand and drain at least 30 minutes.
Put the zucchini in a medium size roasting pan.
Add the oil and garlic, toss well to coat.
Place in the oven on the top rack; roast until the zucchini is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
While the zucchini roasts, bring a large pot of water to boil.
Add the tablespoon of salt and the bow ties.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender but firm, about 7 -10 minutes.
Drain; transfer to a large, preheated serving bowl.
Add the roasted zucchini, basil and cheese
Toss well, serve immediately.