Simple Snow Peas Stir-Fry
- 1 cup snow peas , flower ends trimmed
- 1/4 cabbage , sliced thinly
- 6 garlic scapes , chopped into two inch pieces
- 4-6 green onions , chopped into two inch pieces (even the greens)
- 3 bok choy chopped , or 1 handful mustard greens chopped, or 5 kale leaves, chopped
- 3 spring onions , sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
Heat sesame oil in a wok or large skillet until hot but not smoking.
Add spring onion and garlic scapes. Stir fry for 2 minutes then add cabbage.
Stir fry for 3-5 minutes longer until cabbage is tender.
Add snow peas, fry for 2 minutes longer.
Add bok choy or other green, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Stir-fry for 3 minutes more or until veggies are tender and slightly browned. Add sesame seeds. Taste for seasoning and serve.
Snow peas are so sweet and delicious with just a quick minute in the fry pan, they are amazing! Add anything to this stir-fry (shiitake mushrooms perhaps? Chicken, beef...whatever!)