Thai Inspired Kohlrabi Coleslaw
- 1/2 large kohlrabi , matchsticks
- 1 small carrot , shredded
- 2 cups cabbage or kale , shredded
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 red onion , finely chopped
- 1 small red or green chile , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Crushed peanuts
- Fresh cilantro leaves and/or fresh mint leaves
In a large bowl thoroughly mix all the dressing ingredients until well combined.
In a separate large bowl toss the vegetables then pour the dressing over them. Gently toss until vegetables are fully coated.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
Before serving crush desired amount of shelled peanuts.
Rinse desired amount of fresh cilantro leaves and roughly chop.
Serve the crushed peanuts and cilantro on the side to allow each person to top as desired.