Roasted Acorn Squash with Browned Butter and Sage
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium winter squash , halved lengthwise and seeded
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 medium fresh sage leaves , sliced thin
- Salt and ground black pepper
Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Brush the oil on the foil and the cut sides of the squash.
Roast until a skewer inserted in the squash meets no resistance, about 40-50 minutes.
When the squash is almost done, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
Add the sage and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the butter is golden brown and the sage is crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Remove the squash from the oven and turn cut-side up and season with salt Drizzle or brush with the sage butter sauce and serve immediately.