Beef Stir Fry with Napa Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak , cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided
- 3 garlic cloves , smashed
- 1 1- inch piece peeled ginger , cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound Napa cabbage , cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, and cornstarch.
Toss steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
Heat wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, swirling to coat, then stir-fry garlic and ginger until golden and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add beef, quickly spreading pieces in 1 layer on bottom and sides of wok.
Cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes, then stir-fry until meat is just browned but still pink in center, about 1 minute.
Transfer to a bowl.
Wipe wok clean, then swirl in remaining tablespoon oil and stir-fry cabbage stems over high heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
Add cabbage leaves and beef with juices, then stir soy mixture and add. Stir-fry until sauce is simmering and slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Discard ginger if desired
Season with salt