Jamie Oliver's "Best" Winter Veggie Coleslaw
This coleslaw is great because you can use any kind of winter veggie you've got around.
- 2 carrots , different colours if you can find them, peeled
Use at least 2 of the following:
- 3-4 radishes
- 1 beet , peeled
- ½ a small celeriac , peeled
- 1/2 cabbage , outer leaves removed
- 1/2 kohlrabi
- ½ red onion , peeled
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of fresh soft herbs (use mint, dill, parsley), leaves picked and chopped
- 250 ml yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Shred the carrots,and your choice of radishes, beet, rutabaga, kohlrabi or celeriac on a mandolin or julienne by hand or in a food processor.
Put the vegetables into a mixing bowl.
Slice the cabbage and onion as finely as you can and add to the bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix half the lemon juice, a glug of extra virgin olive oil, the chopped herbs, yoghurt and mustard.
Pour this dressing over the veg and mix well to coat everything.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and the rest of the lemon juice if you like.