Roasted Rutabaga Fries
- 1 small rutabaga (1 1/4 pounds), peeled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder or
- ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 400ÂºF. Grease a baking sheet with oil.
Slice the rutabaga 1/2" thick. Cut into 1/2"-wide strips.
In a steamer basket set over simmering water, steam the rutabaga, covered, 12 minutes, or just until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the honey, hoisin, ginger, oil, vinegar, and five spice powder or cinnamon.
Gently toss in the rutabaga until evenly coated.
Place the rutabaga mixture and liquids in the pan, and spread out in a single layer.
Bake for 30 minutes, turning over after 20 minutes, or until tender and golden.