Fennel and Quinoa Salad with Parsley and Dill
- 1 medium fennel bulb , trimmed
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
Prepare an ice-water bath.
Cut fennel bulb in half lengthwise. Using a sharp knife, slice lengthwise as thinly as possible. Place in ice-water bath.
Toast quinoa in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Add water, raise heat, and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, uncovered, until cool, about 1 hour.
Drain fennel, and pat dry.
Add parsley, dill, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper, and toss.
Divide quinoa among bowls.
Top with fennel mixture.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.