Celeriac Apple Salad
- 1 celeriac , peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot , washed and grated
- 1/2 small red onion , minced
- 1 apple , diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts , pecans or sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 garlic clove , finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Toss celeriac, carrot, onion and apple in a medium bowl to combine.
Chop pecans or walnuts and add to salad (or add sunflower seeds), toss.
Combine lemon juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl or jar. Add oil in a thin stream while whisking.
Taste for seasoning and pour over salad just to coat vegetables (you will probably have some dressing left over - it works well on all kinds of salads!).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.